This course comprises 2 x half day virtual sessions with up to 30 minutes home preparation required in between the sessions (6 CPD credits)
Virtual sessions held 09:30 – 13:30 hrs (UK Time)
6th & 22nd February 2024
Facilitator: Phil Yates, Coachwise Consultants
Influencing & Negotiation Skills
The ability to successfully influence others without necessarily having authority over them is an essential skill within healthcare communications. Encouraging others to appreciate your thoughts, ideas and opinions and to take suggested action supports professional dialogue.
You influence, consciously or unconsciously everyone with whom you interact. Understanding the specific needs of your colleagues, clients, healthcare professionals, indeed any stakeholder together with understanding how to best communicate with that person or team is the key to your success.
Successful influencing may involve a degree of negotiation to achieve a win-win outcome and communication should engage or respect all of the levels of the human iceberg which underpin behavior and therefore performance.
This workshop which incorporates some very powerful principles from Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and negotiation helps you to influence others more effectively, through focusing your attention as much if not more on their needs than your own. You learn to appreciate the views of others and how different your perspectives on a situation may be. The workshop introduces you to a compelling five-step process which helps you to achieve your desired outcome whilst enabling the other person to benefit too.
After attending this one-day CPD-accredited workshop you will:
- Be able to define and describe the processes of influencing and negotiation.
- Know the strengths and weaknesses of your own influencing / negotiation style and appreciate how to amend your style if and when necessary.
- Plan more effectively prior to engaging in communication.
- Follow a five- step process to lead you to a successful outcome
- Recognise the different behavioural styles and needs of others and utilise this insight to achieve a mutually-beneficial outcome.
- Gain personal and professional respect through modelling effective communication.
- Adapt your behaviour as appropriate according to the requirements of the communication medium and cultural expectations.
For further information about this course please contact: Jude at Coachwise Consultants by email or telephone +44(0)1902 851 199. To register, please book online here.
Access to HCA Online Events
The zoom link will be made available on the day via your Members' Area / My events on the HCA website. Please login to access.